Based just outside the charming village of Borris in Co. Carlow.
Here we have a stunningly beautiful canoe trail with lots of things to see and do enroute.
You will need to set aside up to 3 hours – this includes:
- Meet & Greet
- Get geared up in the changing facilities on site. Everybody will be provided with the required gear including wetsuits, buoyancy jackets and helmets. There will be experienced personnel on the water with you at all times.
- Safety chat before getting on the water
- Demonstration – how to hold the paddle and what strokes to us
- 10 minutes warm up in the Old Harbour – We start off in an area of flat calm water to learn the basic strokes, build your confidence and then off we go.
- Rising up through a lock system typically found on a canal which gives us access to the river.
- On the trail there are weirs and rapids so expect a few spills and thrills but nothing scary. There are old lock keepers cottages, scenic waterfalls, and old castle and eel weirs and of course breathtaking views.
- We then transfer back onto the Barrow Navigation using the lock and head back up the river to where we started.
You will have a ton of fun. Our events are run in a safe environment and are suitable for all ages.
You will be laughing from start to finish and beyond !!
We offer a choice of using Canadian canoes, Sit-on-top kayaks or river surfers.
There are toilets and changing rooms onsite and you return to the same spot as you started.
We will also supply a digital photo album of your event FREE.
Click Here to book your river adventure today!
On our holidays in Wexford & had a fabulous day kayaking today with Charlie & Fionn. 2 adults & five girls aged 8-13 & all had a great time. 3 hours of easy fun on the river & a bit of swimming along the way. When we asked the girls what score would they give the river experience they all said 10/10…we will definitely be back on our next holiday. Thank you for a great afternoon
My husband and I had an amazing adventure with Charlie and Cliff. We are avid water folk from Canada but have never had the opportunity to experience a lock system and weirs. What’s great about the tour is that you don’t need experience at all to enjoy yourself. The weirs are easy and fun to navigate, the river is calm, the rapids are small and easy and the people we were with was awesome. We had beautiful weather, a great group of people to travel with and the length of the trip was perfect. Charlie is knowledgable, experienced, fun and patient. We had a blast and would recommend this to anyone and everyone!! Can’t wait to come back and do it all over again!
We had our own wetsuits and they gave us helmets and buoyancy aids. We also had proper beach shoes. Cliff told us that you need good shoes if you did fall out, although no one did. We got good safety instruction from the start and Cliff reminded us as we went around. But really it was quite safe and I had no worries about the kids once we got under way, I could tell it was going to be a successful morning. The river water was very clean, no problems.
We went over 2 weirs, 2 rapids and through 2 locks. On one of the weirs, we could get back around to do it again and the kids loved it, they did it 5 times!
We went about 2 hour on the water. This was about enough for our group as it is circular so the kids had to paddle upstream (mostly along the canal part of the river so not as bad as they would have you believe!). They were tired at the end.
There are clean changing rooms and toilets. We brought a picnic and this was demolished in no time.
Beautiful location and a great trip. Highly recommended. One of the kids said it was “way beyond cool”.
The equipment provided was perfect, safe and suitable for our use. Charlie was an very friendly and excellent guide, pointing out interesting things throughout the canoe trip. The route is taxing but not too taxing, just enough to make you feel you have had an energetic day out on the Barrow.
The scenery was beautiful, the locks and weirs were exciting, and I would recommend this to anyone!
Cannot recommend Go With The Flow highly enough! Group of ten ladies of all abilities and levels of bravery when it came to swimming and kayaking! Charlie put us all at ease instantly,
Great morning 4 children and me! Great craic down rapids and weirs. Charlie excellent and made it even better for the kids. Highly recommended for family activity