Date(s) - 03/06/2018
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Barrow Discovery Canoe Trail- Thrills & Spills
Based just outside the charming village of Borris in Co. Carlow, here we have a stunningly beautiful canoe trail with lots of things to see and do enroute.
You will need to set aside up to 3 hours for this canoe trail – this includes:
- Meet & Greet
- Get geared up in the changing facilities on site. Everybody will be provided with the required gear including wetsuits, buoyancy jackets and helmets.
- Experienced personnel will be on the water with you at all times.
- Safety chat with your instructor before getting on the water. Followed by a demonstration – how to hold the paddle and what strokes to use.
- Beginning with 10 minutes warm up in the Old Harbour – We start off in an area of flat calm water to learn the basic strokes, build your confidence and then off we go.
- Rising up through a lock system typically found on a canal which gives us access to the river.
- On the canoe trail there are weirs and rapids so expect a few spills and thrills but nothing scary. Along the way there are old lock keepers cottages, scenic waterfalls, and old castle and eel weirs and of course breathtaking views.
- Finally we transfer back onto the Barrow Navigation using the lock and head back up the river to where we started.
You will have a ton of fun. Our events are run in a safe environment and are suitable for all ages.
You will be laughing from start to finish and beyond !!
We offer a choice of using Canadian canoes, Sit-on-top kayaks or river surfers.
There are toilets and changing rooms onsite and you return to the same spot as you started.
Furthermore we will supply a digital photo album of your event FREE.
Book your river adventure today!
Bookings are closed for this event.