Date(s) - 10/08/2017
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Based just outside the charming village of Borris in Co. Carlow, here we have a stunningly beautiful canoe trail with lots of things to see and do enroute.
You will need to set aside up to 3hrs – this includes:
- Meet & Greet
- Get geared up in the changing facilities on site. Everybody will be provided with the required gear including wetsuits, buoyancy jackets and helmets. There will be experienced personnel on the water with you at all times.
- Safety chat before getting on the water
- Demonstration – how to hold the paddle and what strokes to us
- 10 minutes warm up in the Old Harbour – We start off in an area of flat calm water to learn the basic strokes, build your confidence and then off we go.
- Rising up through a lock system typically found on a canal which gives us access to the river.
- On the trail there are weirs and rapids so expect a few spills and thrills but nothing scary. There are old lock keepers cottages, scenic waterfalls, and old castle and eel weirs and of course breathtaking views.
- We then transfer back onto the Barrow Navigation using the lock and head back up the river to where we started.
You will have a ton of fun. Our events are run in a safe environment and are suitable for all ages.
You will be laughing from start to finish and beyond !!
We offer a choice of using Canadian canoes, Sit-on-top kayaks or river surfers.
There are toilets and changing rooms onsite and you return to the same spot as you started.
We will also supply a digital photo album of your event FREE.
Bookings are closed for this event.