Date(s) - 17/02/2018
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Barrow Discovery Fun Canoe Trail- Thrills & Spills
Make the most of the midterm break and take this stunningly beautiful canoe trail with lots of things to see and do enroute!
You will need to set aside up to 3 hours for this fun canoe trail – this includes:
- Meet & Greet
- Get geared up in the changing facilities on site. Everybody will be provided with the required gear including wetsuits, buoyancy jackets and helmets.
- Experienced personnel will be on the water with you at all times.
- Safety chat with your instructor before getting on the water. Followed by a demonstration – how to hold the paddle and what strokes to use.
- Beginning with 10 minutes warm up in the Old Harbour – We start off in an area of flat calm water to learn the basic strokes, build your confidence and then off we go.
- Rising up through a lock system typically found on a canal which gives us access to the river.
- On the canoe trail there are weirs and rapids so expect a few spills and thrills but nothing scary. Along the way there are old lock keepers cottages, scenic waterfalls, and old castle and eel weirs and of course breathtaking views.
- Finally we transfer back onto the Barrow Navigation using the lock and head back up the river to where we started.
You will have a ton of fun. Our events are run in a safe environment and are suitable for all ages.
You will be laughing from start to finish and beyond !!
We offer a choice of using Canadian canoes, Sit-on-top kayaks or river surfers.
There are toilets and changing rooms onsite and you return to the same spot as you started.
Furthermore we will supply a digital photo album of your event FREE.
Book your river adventure today!
Bookings are closed for this event.