Under Article 13, EU GDPR:
Go with the Flow River Adventures gathers data when anyone makes an enquiry or becomes a customer*.
*A customer is anyone who buys a gift voucher, a product from our shop, either online or by phone or books in for any of our river adventures – self guided, guided and camping – online or by phone.
Go with the Flow River Adventures is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and the information you give us: Your Data.
(Go with the Flow River Adventures – ‘We/Our’ from here on in)
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you use our Site to make an online booking or place an order on our Site.
Data subjects: Name, phone number, Email Address, Postal address, Selected Activity – which River Adventure you participated in and what type of group – ie, stag party, hen party, corporate event, family day, camping and when this event took place.
We also ask for permission to use photographs on our website and social media. Permission must be given for us to keep and this date and to use it for marketing purposes.
You are under no obligation to give consent to using your image – this will in no way affect how you receive our services.
Data we have collected will be held for 3 years unless you request to be removed from our mailing list.
The privacy and confidentiality of personal information is important, and we are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your personal information.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
As Data Controllers under the Data Protection Act 1988 we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of the Irish Data Protection legislation and will ensure that we:
• Obtain and process information fairly.
• Keep information only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purpose.
• Use and disclose information only in ways compatible with these purposes.
• Keep information safe and secure.
• Keep information accurate, complete and up to date.
• Ensure that information is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
• Retain information for no longer than 3 years from your last form of contact made to us, or once your consent has been refreshed after 3 years.
• Give a copy of personal data to the individual from whom it was taken upon written request.
Our Privacy Statement is a legal requirement underpinn
ed by three distinct pieces of legislation:
▪ The Data Protection Acts 1988 & 2003 (“The Acts”)
▪ Statutory Instrument Number 336 of 2011 European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Privacy and Electronic Communications) Regulations 2011 (“SI 336/2011”)
▪ EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (“GDPR”)
We keep customer’s information for marketing purposes:
- Helping us improve our services – get feedback from customers, good or bad so that we can improve or change certain features of our trips if necessary
- Anticipate interest in future events
- Send new offers, promotions or competitions we have running
- To send our customer’s their digital photo album following their river adventure
Should you require further information about the data we hold for you personally, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaints can also be sent by email to: email@example.com
Alternatively, you can contact us by clicking here to send us mail