Clashganny House Restaurant: Winner of the 2014 Newcomer of the Year at the 2014 Ireland Guide Restaurant Awards.
- Daily menu in Brasserie 1808
- Snack menu served 7 days in Brasserie 1808
- Sunday Lunch served in Cellar Restaurant & Brasserie 1808
The Cellar Restaurant: The multi-award winning Cellar Restaurant with its archways and vaulted ceilings, is located in the old kitchens of The Step House Hotel, Borris. Dining is elegant and classical with service unparalleled ensuring complete relaxation. Cuisine is in the classical French style and is created with individual flair using local ingredients and an emphasis on organic food. The Cellar opens for Sunday lunch from 1pm – 2.30pm. Booking is essential due to demand.
- The Duiske Inn – Serving Carvery lunch daily with evening meals available from Wednesday to Sunday. Enjoy a welcoming and friendly atmosphere, traditional style pub with a contemporary twist and fabulous food .
- Waterside Guesthouse – Daytime Cafe is open 7 days a week for the summer and is growing in popularity, particularly with the outdoor activity enthusiasts who are taking Graiguenamanagh to their heart.
The evening restaurant at Waterside, has earned a reputation for excellence over many years. The room itself, with its riverfront location, sets the scene for a wonderful intimate evening with great food and fine wines. The atmosphere in the dining room is relaxed and comfortable. The food is good, the wine list is delicious with 30 wines from right around the globe.
- CJ’s Coffee House – Almost directly opposite Duiske Abbey, CJ’s Coffee House serving Mean Bean coffee, tea and herbal teas is open from 10am-4pm daily serving homemade deserts, a selection of tasty bagels, paninis, wraps and sandwiches to chose from. Gluten free and vegetarian options also available. Packed lunch offer – Choice of sandwich with biscuit cake or brownie and miveral/tea/coffee.
- Boats Café & Bakery – Locally run cafe and bakery, overlooking the picturesque River Barrow. Weekly changing menu including excellent sandwiches, soups and homemade baking. Open daily from 11am-5pm.
- River Palace: Chinese and Thai Restaurant – Opens from 5pm daily. Sit in or take away.
- Graig Garden – Opens from 4pm – Midnight daily.
- Duiske Diner Takeaway – Shortlisted in the Top 10 places to get a bag of chips in Kilkenny!
The Mullichain Café – Down on the quay tucked away from all the hustle bustle of the world sits the Mullicháin café only yards from the river .You can sit and watch the Heron fishing on the weir when the tide is out or watch the cruisers passing on the rising tide on their way to the sea, this is truly a stunning valley where the barrow walk way begins .The Café is on two floors of the beautifully restored Old Grain store building and has tables along the side of the harbour wall. Emer is a very fine baker and has fresh scones and chocolate brownies to die for with a nice cappuccino. Just imagine a smoked salmon salad and a glass of wine under the umbrella and then a stroll up the river .Our walks booklet gives you a variety of walks from the lazy stroll to the 4 hour walk up to the top of white mountain where you have a panoramic view over Carlow and Wexford. Martin and Mark are there to send you in the right direction or give you a bit of the local history and gossip on the Normans, Vikings and Odlums flour Mills. On a dull day you can sit upstairs on the couch and have a good read. Open from The first Weekend in March until the End October 11- 6pm. Every day except Monday. On Bank Holidays they open Monday and close on Tuesday.